Sunday, October 27, 2013

GAMEDAY - Saints vs Bills 10/27/13 - Its been awhile...



Yes, it has been awhile since I posted.  Don't know why - I really enjoy it...guess it's been the majesty of the morning that gave me the urge, the calm daybreak, the smell of smoke and the feel of Louisiana fall that prompted me to write.  Whatever the reason...

The first bird scared the bejesus outta me this morning at about 6:45.  It came out of the pre dawn"mood lighting", zipped past me as I was watching the temp on the smoker rig, and flew on, eventually settling on a tree nearby where it woke all it's buddies up with its repetitive cry. 

I'd been up since 5:00, getting things just so for the days meal (smoked St Louis style spare ribs, cornbread, and baked beans - Abitia Andygator and a family pack of other fine Abitia products waiting in the fridge). I had been enjoying the tranquility of the still pitch black morning as I love to do.  I've always dug the two parts of the day within the usual times of day itself.  Early morning and twilight, the times just as the day changes. On days when I get up early to start the smoker I love the still nature of things, how everything is quite, how the smoke from my starter fire hangs in the Louisiana-damp air as it finds any rare current to float away on...it's not often to be in the middle of times like that, but I truly appreciate life at peace when it happens.

And now this damn bird shattered my zen.  I think it was a blue jay - pretty bird, ugly war cry. 

So be it.  Another day starts, and (if I can get the damn temperature set on the smoker) in a few hours I'll be in my jersey, cheering the black and gold on, eating deliciousness with good family and friends.

Maybe this is a return, maybe not. All I know is that I felt compelled to write this morning, so I seized the daybreak...  


No comments:

Post a Comment